Saturday, February 14, 2015

Gorgeous Butterfly Box Shrine Kits and Finnabair‏


Happy weekend everyone! I'm still pushing for Spring over here, and the new Butterfly Shrines are definitely getting me in the mood. I had the idea to design one, and ended up with SIX! You'll want them all! We also have Paper Flowers galore and new Finnabair goodies! Such great stuff!
You can check it out HERE.
In addition to the New Goodies, be sure to check out our HUGE general Easter and Spring section filled with 100s of great goodies! And yep, I put them ALL on sale!




Art Time!


I was excited to play with one of the Butterfly Shrine Kits! It was so hard to pick which one to start with, but the purples and blues were calling to me. I love this color combination!



I started by using Verday paints on my assembled box and stand. First a base-coat of gold.


Verday paints can be used in many different ways, with many different combinations. I used all three remaining colors, blobbing them on sporadically. This part is messy, but fun!


As my paints were drying, great colors were emerging!


On a whim, I decided to add some purple glitter paint to the mix!


I added some details to my clay face and butterfly with acrylic paint and Stickles. My clay face was left over from my Primitive Angels which you can read about here.


I wanted to fill my shrine with Krinkled Shred, which is a super fun embellishment! I liberally brushed some Mod Podge (my Glue N Seal ran out) around the inside of my shrine. Then I filled it with the shred, pressing it against the edges a bit.


I attached my clay face to a scrap square of Chipboard, and then covered the chip with the Krinkle Shred. Once dry, I glued the bottom of the chip to the bottom of my shrine. It blended right in!


Finally I attached some gorgeous Mini Paper Blooms! Of course the purple glitter I added to the outside is much prettier in person. It came out a bit dark in the photo. I really loved this project! Something a bit different!





Inspiration By Amy Nieman!


How adorable is this Cupid Stick by Design Team Member Amy Nieman? He or she definitely has my heart. So sweet Amy!

(She Also Used Our Brass Key Charm and Silver Faux Rhinestone Ribbon)







Inspiration By Linda Cain!

This absolutely stunning Valentine Angel is by Design Team Member Linda Cain. Notice how she used several of the brand new (just listed) Finnabair stamps on the Masonite? What a perfect match! I especially love the stamping on the wings! Hop on over to Linda's blog post for the complete supply list and more info! Just fabulous





Inspiration By Gerri Herbst!


I'm loving this Cupid Ornament by Design Team Member Gerri Herbst! The wood grain stamping is just fantastic! Not to mention the distressed heart! Beautiful Gerri!

(She Also Used Our Large Masonite Heart Ornament, Retro Grunge Heart Paper Cuts, Valentine Word Paper Cuts)





Inspiration By Lynn Stevens!

And last but definitely not least, a stunning Valentine's Day card from Design Team Member Lynn Stevens! The Heart Paper Cut in the center is the perfect touch! Just lovely Lynn! You are indeed the queen of romantic art!




Happy Valentine's Day everyone! This lovely Valentine postcard arrived for me yesterday by the talented Lynn Britton Radford! So sweet!
I hope you get to do something you love tomorrow! Maybe that includes making some art!
Happy Creating! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate your comments!