Saturday, March 14, 2009

Dolls, Dolls, and More Dolls!

I know I've been a quiet for a few days, but I was (and still am) feeling a bit under the weather. I did, however manage to list a few interesting antique German doll heads on Etsy. For the first two sets, I took the time to grind down the necks so the hand painted beauties were ready to attach to a project. I LOVE the boy and girl and think they would make a wonderful "His" and "Hers" project! I wanted to keep them, but with an April craft fair looming on the horizon, I don't really have time for "extra" projects.

And now for some INSPIRATION! The amazing, talented Charlotte Purvis from Australia created the beauties below. I love that her name is Charlotte and she creates with Frozen Charlottes. I met Charlotte or "Lotta" when she purchased the dollies from my store. Her jewelry is so creative, and she sells exclusively to a shop/gallery in Australia called "Behind the Monkey". The shop is also carrying some of my collage sheets and other goodies now too :). The owner, Elaine MacLeod is wonderful!

Thank you Lotta for letting me share your gorgeous work! Your pieces are so inspiring!


Feeling inspired yet? If you want some dollies of your own you can get them in my webstore Retro Cafe' Art Gallery or in my Etsy shop. Also, if you have some doll art to share I would love to see!

5 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that you are still under the weather! I love the new doll heads with hats! Those jewelry peices are definitely so inspiring!

    Sandy xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delight to check out your blog this morning and discover these dolls. Both sets are divine, Kris! Hope you get feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is full of wonderful eye candy as usual! I just had to come see what you are up to. Stunning. ~Cassandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Kris so sorry to hear that you are still under the water. I hope you feeling better.

    Your pieces are wonderful. Stunning design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a darling Kristin - thanks for the chance to pick some delightful doll pieces (and other alterable shiny things) from the shop. More to come!

    Lotta xxx

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments!